myMART3 is a feature packed web based Academic Reporting System that is the 3rd myMART release in the last 6 years. (The first release, myMART1 was operational in 2004.) Using the wealth of knowledge gained in developing the earlier versions, myMART3 represents the latest technology available for Academic Reports Management to schools today. The technology behind Version 3 utilizes the latest web based tools from Microsoft and the new release has already been given a highly positive reaction from our existing schools.
- High speed graphics
- Secure data retention
- Enterprise based assessment management distribution
- High level of teacher friendly screen designs
- Customisable report design
- National Curriculum assessment structures
- Quick data entry modules
- Customised assessment management
- Data interface between existing front office systems
- Report output management
- Report storage
National Curriculum Ready
Schools “road testing” parts of draft Australian National Curriculum. Teachers from approximately 150 schools across Australia are currently engaging in intensive, short-term activities using components of the draft Australian Curriculum in their classrooms. The results of the road test in English, Mathematics, Science and History will be published later this year, 2010.
National Curriculum Ready: myMART3 has been designed with a highly customizable Curriculum Assessment Module that will meet most assessment frameworks being used in the world today and has already been fitted out with an expected Australian Assessment Framework. This new framework has been designed under advisement with the educational consultants and organizational bodies within the myMART user base. myMART3 provides each school with the ability to configure their interpretations of the Curriculum Assessment framework within the system or for larger group implementations, myMART can hold certain items in the framework from being edited to ensure a level of standardization within the school group.
One of the major issues in Report Output is checking and managing the status level of the student report. This process is usually a manual, laborious task, which typically involves the expensive process of printing many draft copies of the report to reveal any flaws in data entry. myMART3 simplifies this task by providing the administrator a “Reports Status Summary Module” that monitors the level of data entry and official sign off.
- A color coded report status summary per class
- A sort option on status to reveal the level of completion
- A draft report output to view report onscreen or for paper copy
- an online teacher email contact module that enables the administrator to indicate what tasks need to be done by the teacher (i.e. amendments/completion requirements to the report)
It is important for any school to have a report that reflects it's character and values. myMART3 provides a comprehensive design module that empowers the school to influence the look and feel of their report. This module is a fast and easy to use utility that automatically integrates with the assessment template.
- Logo upload
- Mission statement on front cover
- Teacher and principal naming option
- Both teacher and principal signature upload and output options
- Font management
- Band color options
- Report legends
- Learning area/course unit output order
- Page break control
- Assessment output options with overall result measured against unit target
- Comment size entry limits
- Curriculum content overview output
Quick Data Entry
Data entry of results has to be easy and functional from a teacher's perspective. The myMART3 development team worked many hours with selected User Groups to determine the most effective means to enter data and comments for student reporting. The end result is a very user friendly data entry module aptly named “Quick Entry” that enables teachers to focus on a given Outcome and enter results for the whole class.
- A colorful grade entry module that requires a single key entry to then move onto the next student
- Large font sizes to work onscreen allowing for easy vision of data entered
- The means to sort data entry according to name, gender/name, student key
- Automatic calculation of final grade according to summary count of existing grades entered per outcome
- Principal/administrator override of calculated grade
- Ability to alter screen dynamics to widen maximum screen to do comment entry
- A count mechanism indicating how many character are left on comment entry
- Screen turns orange if count exceeds but user can continue
- Ability to sort on final grade to review assigned grades per student class
Teacher Sign Off
The onerous task of checking reports is now made much simpler for the administrator. myMART3 provides the teacher with a “Sign Off” module that requires the teacher to sign off on the data entry requirements per Course Unit. Eg. Mrs. Smith, the year 4 Maths teacher signs off on her class, indicating that she has confirmed that all her entry requirements, including comments, if applicable, have been completed and checked off. The overall status of completion is colour coded: Green - Signed off, Orange - Data entered, White - Nothing entered.
- A grade sorting mechanism to confirm that appropriate students fit within the expected ranking in the class
- A comment view screen that displays the comment clearly and in large font size
- The ability to edit onscreen existing data prior to sign off
- A color coded Status Screen for whole class
- Sign off locks the data from further editing only to be “un signed” by the teacher or administrator
Data entry is always a worrying time for the teacher, especially when using digital technology. The myMART3 developers who worked with the Teacher User Group were clearly requested to provide feedback to the user once a “Save Button: has been activated". myMART3 now provides feedback by displaying the “Save Wheel”, indicating that data is currently being sent. Any problems relating to the save will be displayed, eg. Internet Disconnected...the good news is that with the latest technology imbedded into myMART3, the session will retain the data locally until the “disconnect” issue is resolved.
- Save wheel on all data saved
- Continued onscreen processing should the internet go down
- Data entry checks on key press should the wrong key be pressed in the data entry field, eg. A to E only for grades and say an “X” is entered
- Data entry key guides at the bottom of data entry screens